If you think you may have a mould problem and need mould remediation, call us now on 01760 720 119
Mould is an insidious and often hidden problem for a home or business, and can do more than just spread and be unsightly. In fact, spores can cause allergic reactions, asthma attacks, chronic sinus problems, poisoning by mycotoxins and fungal infections and the problems can extend to fatigue and depression which is why mould remediation is so important.
Our mould remediation Promise To You
Being experts at water damage repair and mould remediation, we won’t leave the job half done. When a disaster hits your home or business, we’ll do the job right the first time so that you never have to make a second call.
- We’ll respond swiftly, day or night, so the damage doesn’t get worse while you wait.
- Certified, trained technicians have the know-how to safely and expertly handle water cleanup and mould remediation.
- Our one-stop solution includes structural drying, damage restoration, and antimicrobial measures.
- Advanced equipment and technology detects the source and isolates the area, preventing its spread.
Causes Of Mold : Expand All | Collapse All
[expand title=”What is Black Mould?”]
Black mould is the stuff of homeowners’ nightmares. It is a toxin-producing fungus that creeps in unnoticed, and then takes over.
Mould is everywhere — indoors and out — just waiting for the conditions it needs to settle down and multiply. Microscopic spores can lie dormant almost indefinitely, until they encounter dark, damp areas to set up shop.
Black mould, or Stachybotrys chartarum, can be toxic, harmful to health of both people and pets. It belongs to a family of toxin-producing moulds, all of which can be just as dangerous.
[expand title=”Consequences of Black Mould”]
Mould doesn’t take long to permeate walls, floors and ceilings. Whenever your home suffers water damage, you should have a professional check the walls for mould infestations. They can go unnoticed for weeks, and then spring up practically overnight. Once mould produces colonies in your living space, it quickly grows and releases toxins that make life miserable for inhabitants:
- It emits a pungent, musty odour that prevents rooms from smelling fresh.
- Wreaks havoc on allergy-sensitive individuals, as well as those with asthma, making symptoms flare up.
- Can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
- Toxins can trigger chronic inflammation and ongoing cold-like symptoms.
- People with compromised immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare instances, mould toxins can cause neurological problems or even death.
- The more prolonged the exposure, the greater the danger.
More information on health risks regarding mould can be found on the NHS website HERE
Exceptionally humid homes and offices can be subject to mould invasions even if no water damage has occurred. If you see or smell something that could be mould, get an expert opinion immediately.
[expand title=”How to prevent or eliminate Black Mould?”]
To get rid of mould, the environment where it thrives must first be eliminated. Water sources have to be dealt with, and any remaining moisture must be thoroughly dried out. Only then can mould removal and remediation start.
Whether a leaky roof, burst pipe, or other entry point, it isn’t enough to stem the tide. Moisture can saturate out-of-sight portions of your home. Without proper cleanup procedures, mould will keep coming back to these areas.
[expand title=”What We Do”]
- Inspect the area and assess visible and hidden damage caused by water and mould, and what must be done to prevent further damage.
- Contain the mould so that it can’t spread to wider areas.
- Use sophisticated air filtration techniques to remove spores from the air.
- Remove mould and any materials that have been infested with it, and then we treat the area with antimicrobial substances to kill what’s left.
- Clean household items, carpeting, furniture and décor that have come into contact with mould. This includes getting rid of that awful, musty odour.
- Restore the area to its pre-damaged state using new drywall, paint, carpet, and other building materials.
While no process can ensure that a home won’t be re-infested we can make your home or business as inhospitable to mould as possible.
Contact Monument Cleaning & Restoration right away for our mould remediation services. Whether it’s your living space or your business environment that has been compromised, our fast, thorough, expertly trained technicians will turn back time on your water and mould damage. We’ll work with you to get things back to normal.
Mould and mildew build up over time in damp areas. They are naturally occurring microorganisms that exist everywhere in our environment. But when the amount of mould in your home exceeds normal levels, it can affect the health of your family, your possessions and the structure itself.
Our company performs all types of mould remediation, ranging from dry rot to dangerous black mould and pink, yellow and white moulds. Mould can grow in virtually any area of a home, and we commonly see problems in:
- Window frames
- Ventilation systems
- Cabinets and furniture
- Drywall and sub-flooring
- Wallpaper or painted walls
- Wet walls
- Water-damaged mattresses
Monument Cleaning & Restoration professionals are trained and certified in mould remediation to ensure that problematic spores are removed quickly, safely and completely.
Our Residential & Commercial Mould Removal Services Include:
- 24/7 emergency response – We will be on site and ready to help within hours
- Prompt mould infiltration assessment from trained professionals
- Industrial-grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove excess water
- Efficient containment of affected area and removal of contaminated materials
- Cleaning of contents and other personal possessions
- Application of disinfectants and antimicrobials used to help prevent future mould growth
- Sanitation, deodorization and air purification
- Assistance with the insurance claims process
If you have mould present in your home, call the mould damage restoration experts on 01760 720119